PDA

View Full Version : 12 Volt Rechargeable Ride On Pool Toys

gwrace1
04-25-2006, 09:17 AM
I've been considering the purchase of a couple of these new ride on 12 volt rechargeable jet ski, wave runner type toys. I just had a couple of questions.

The prices range from $40 to $150. The lower priced units usally run on 8 D batteries. The higher end units are rechargable. However they are all blow up inflatables subject to holes and leaking.

I was wondering if anyone hear has any real experience with these products and how well they hold up.

I'd also like to know what the typical run time is on the rechargeable versions.

Thanks!

kevincad
04-25-2006, 02:08 PM
I've been considering the purchase of a couple of these new ride on 12 volt rechargeable jet ski, wave runner type toys. I just had a couple of questions.

The prices range from $40 to $150. The lower priced units usally run on 8 D batteries. The higher end units are rechargable. However they are all blow up inflatables subject to holes and leaking.

I was wondering if anyone hear has any real experience with these products and how well they hold up.

I'd also like to know what the typical run time is on the rechargeable versions.

Thanks!
We have a rechargeable jet ski one. The kids, 11 and 6, have an absolute BALL on the thing. The thing will run a few hours on a charge.

gwrace1
04-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Thank you for the follow-up. I don't suppose you remember what brand it is or where you purchased it.

Thanks!

Simmons99
05-23-2006, 04:00 PM
I saw one of these and it said that it went 2' per second. That seems pretty fast for the pool. I have 2 boys (11 & 7) and they would love it - but our pool will only be 30X15 have about 4' beach area - so only about 15X26 of active room in the pool.

How large is your pool?

graciec
06-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Our 4 year old son got the jet ski version one year ago(last year from target?) and it has batteries and is still running.Even the bigger kids have ridden it but it is slowing because the batteries need replacing.Its best for lighter kids, i think.Now he's 5 still likes it.

Brock
06-10-2006, 10:20 PM
I hate to promote any store, but I saw these are on sale at Aldi's. This is the same one we got for a bunch more. It works fine for our smaller kids, I would say up to 60-70lbs? It is rated for 100lb, but that would be pushing it.. I did take over the sprayer hose, it got annoying pretty quick ;)

http://www.aldi.us/special_purchases_02/product_245.html

rmeden
06-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Last year I got some non-motorized SixFlags floats with the a water sprayer... the Water jet was more like a cheap squirt gun, never worked well and there was no way anyone could ride the thing like the pictures.

I pretty much decided the pictures were all staged and the SixFlags stuff is crap.

So you're saying the motorized toys are decent? My kids may love them (6,8 YOA)

Robert

Brock
06-12-2006, 10:38 AM
I got in one sitting on my knees and it moved me. I would think it would work. If it were me I would just buy one and see what they think. Our kids are 1, 2.5 and 4. Even the 2.5 (yes she can swim) likes to tool around in it.