PDA

View Full Version : New liner - brand new start

goldentoe
04-25-2006, 08:54 AM
At this time 28 yr old my vinyl IG Lazy L pool is gutted....old liner is out, have just finished repainting the aluminum coping(quite a job but looks awesome), and did a great high build epoxy paint job on my fiberglass steps(including repairing the blisters). New vinyl liner is going in next weekend. Which brings me to my questions. I have been on this site "reading" intently for a few weeks. I am very intrigued with your approaches to the chemical treatment of water in your pools. With all new water coming from the local quarry by my nearby fire department, do you have a catch all guide to reference for what to do in what order for treating my new water? I would love to try your techniques but i am confused by all the detail. A step by step reference would be nice. What do I buy? Where? How much at a time? How do I test? etc etc etc....help, I want to be smart and do this cheaply but correctly. Thanks for your help in advance.

duraleigh
04-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Try this source for a reference:

http://www.deh.enr.state.nc.us/ehs/chem.htm#ta

Have you read all the tips over at poolsolutions.com? These two sites should help you get started. :)

Poconos
04-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Goldentoe...welcome to the forum.
Since you have a little time and know where your water is coming from I'd try and get a sample and test it now. Then you have an idea of what you'll face when you fill. Since you mentioned a quarry I'd be curious about the calcium hardness especially with an eye on Total Alk also.
Al