PDA

View Full Version : Bleach Calculator

SherrySt
07-08-2007, 09:08 PM
I know this should be obvious, but does anyone have a working link to the bleach calculator? I had one and lost it due to some computer problems. I have searched here and every thread I find with a link takes me to a dead link. Thanks so much!!

~Sherry

drband
07-08-2007, 09:57 PM
I know this should be obvious, but does anyone have a working link to the bleach calculator? I had one and lost it due to some computer problems. I have searched here and every thread I find with a link takes me to a dead link. Thanks so much!!

~Sherry

Try this link! http://richardfalk.home.comcast.net/pool/BleachCalc262.exe

It worked a few minutes ago. :)

Was posted on the Testing and Adjusting form sticky for using Bleach Calc -- thanks to ChemGeek for posting a working link!

drband

SherrySt
07-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Thank you for the link. It is not working for me. I am using Firefox. Could that be my problem?

drband
07-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Thank you for the link. It is not working for me. I am using Firefox. Could that be my problem?

I use Firefox, too. But it works for me. It's possible that you have popups blocked, or that your anti-virus or firewall are preventing you from downloading the .exe file for bleachcalc. Sometimes that happens. Try enabling popups for this site and see what happens. When I click on the link, a dialog box appears indicating a download of the file will begin if I OK it. (takes a few seconds for it to complete preparations before the OK button is "live" and then it works. Let me know if it does not and maybe I can email the file to you.

drband

SherrySt
07-08-2007, 11:11 PM
When I click on the link or copy and paste the link, it opens a new window and I get the following message:

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at richardfalk.home.comcast.net.

* Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

If you can email it to me, I would be truly greatful. My email is stoll10@comcast.net.

Thanks so much!

~Sherry

drband
07-09-2007, 12:24 AM
sent it. Note instructions in the email for accessing the file. Hope this works for you. An alternate calculator is on the troublefreepool.com site. This calculator runs in your browser, so should run in firefox or IE. Links follow: (paste each one into your browser address bar to access it)

new bleachcalc link :

http://troublefreepool.com/files/BleachCalc262.exe

poolcalc:

http://www.minbar.com/pool_calc.html

The poolcalc webpage can be saved to your desktop so it can be used off-line if needed. It's a really user friendly way to show all of your test results and chemical needs on the same page.

Bleachcalc is a great tool, too and is really good at giving you the data for one chemical at a time. After you've been testing for a while, either tool will do the job.

drband