PDA

View Full Version : problem with Lamotte color-Q 7 pro test

Amir
07-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Hi,
I ordered the Lamotte color-q and used it last night. all worked fine and my numbers were
30K gunite pool
water temp 78
PH 7.5
ALK 67
CH 220
Free CL 5.1
Total CL 5.16
CYA 3!!

I put in enough CYA to have a level of 30 on june 1st and have been using average of 2 3" pucks supplemented with bleach every week to sanitize. So I should have more than 3 ppm CYA ! Anyone with the same problem?
Regards

Amir

donaldm823
07-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Hi,
I ordered the Lamotte color-q and used it last night. all worked fine and my numbers were
30K gunite pool
water temp 78
PH 7.5
ALK 67
CH 220
Free CL 5.1
Total CL 5.16
CYA 3!!

I put in enough CYA to have a level of 30 on june 1st and have been using average of 2 3" pucks supplemented with bleach every week to sanitize. So I should have more than 3 ppm CYA ! Anyone with the same problem?
Regards

Amir

I have had the new ColorQ for 6 weeks now. I had some problems initially with CYA. The CYA issue turned out to be touching the "pills" with my fingers, and also not waiting 2 minutes after crushing/mixing before running the meter for CYA . I also heard the CYA test may give bad results if water temps are not in the mid 80F (has something do do with dissolving all of the pill material. Anyway my CYAs have been right on with the Taylor black dot test.

Amir
07-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Thanks Don. I think I did touch the pill. I can't help the water temperature! I prefer my pool cool. I'll give it a try again this evening and try not to touch the pill. I wonder what on our fingers can react with the pill!!
Regards

Amir

Amir
07-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Still same results! my cya is 45 with Taylor test and 9 with colorQ. Called them last week. Still waiting for answer!
amir