PDA

View Full Version : AGP Oval Pictures

AGP18by33
04-24-2006, 09:23 PM
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone here that has oval AGP 18 x 33, can
post pictures.

We are going to be putting ours up soon and would like to see
what people have done with their decks and landscaping.

We had to buy another liner as our dog chewed through the box
of our other one and luckily they still had the "Blue Diamond" pattern.
Its also called the "Blue Lancashire" on some sites. I will try to
put a photo up. Its actually alot darker than the picture shows.

Anyways...post your pictures if you can. It would be appreciated
greatly.:p

Thanks
Rhonda

NWMNMom
04-24-2006, 11:30 PM
Rhonda, can you tell me, is your pool a buttress free (yardmore) or regular braced type? What brand is it, beaded or jhook liner? will you be posting pictures of your progress? Thanks - we are so interested. (we are also installing 18x33 in the next few weeks)

hrsdennis
04-25-2006, 12:54 AM
Hi, Heres an example of what can be done with a pool deck and a beaded liner.

Bracing type is not relevant, same could be done with any type.

http://www.shadebuilder.com/poolshade.html

Anything is possible, Dennis

sisie5
04-25-2006, 05:13 PM
here is a pic of my pool ,not yet finish but will send my I have.we are in the works of putting in a drain.I also would like some landscaping ideas

JohnT
04-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Rhonda, that is the liner we have in our inground. We love it.

AGP18by33
04-25-2006, 06:42 PM
NWMNmom: It has the braces on the sides and a J-Hook liner. We purchased it at a local company called "Swimming Pool Discounters", it is manufactured by "Swim N Play": Here is the pool we got:
http://www.swimnplay.com/pages/utopia.html
It's the one on top. I have a photo book in yahoo and I will post the link to it so people can see the progress. I can't wait and I hope you post pictures as well, maybe we can help each other out. We are currently trying to get the one end of our lattice fence done so we can start to break ground (I just always wanted to say that)!

dennis: I got so interested in that site that I forgot I had this forum window open. How cool would that be to have an "indoor" agp like that?

sisie5: Your pool is very nice. Is that a walk around deck on it? Bet that makes cleaning easy for you. Keep the pictures coming on your progress.
What size is that? It looks huge.

John: Does that liner keep the water temp a bit warmer? We were told it would cause its dark. Can you post a picture of your pool? I am dying to see what it looks like with water. I hope our water is really dark.

Thanks everyone and keep it coming. Love seeing everyones pools, it gets me ready to dig.

Rhon

sisie5
04-25-2006, 06:55 PM
yes this is a walk around,and deck on one end,this is an 18x36 ester william pool.I need to have carpet on the end deck cause it get to hot to walk on here is another pic of the drain going in.Boy this is alot of work hand digging

sisie5
04-25-2006, 07:00 PM
oops here is the ic

AGP18by33
04-25-2006, 07:08 PM
I just saw one of your other posts with the pool water. Wow does that look refreshing.
I am new to the pool thing so I have so many questions on getting started with bleach.
The pool company gave us Bacquacil and I don't even want to start with that. Our pool came with a cartridge filter but we may change to something else later on. It depends on how it does for us.

I am curious...When we go to fill the pool, do we start to add the bleach as it is filling? Then from there, how much and when to maintain good levels?
I guess that is hard to answer right now since it is not even up yet. I will wait and get a test kit and post numbers. I am not "chemically inclined". I had chemistry in Veterinary Technician College but I don't think we are dealing with protons and electrons here. :rolleyes:

I can just live on this board. Also the garden web pool board.
Rhon

sisie5
04-25-2006, 07:09 PM
another pic of the water,can't wait for the weather to warm up.

AGP18by33
04-25-2006, 07:15 PM
You forgot the picture again....
You know how many times I have done that in an email????
42,000 and counting!
(It's still funny when someone else does it though)
:p :) :p :)

matt4x4
04-26-2006, 08:42 AM
Sisie5 - nice pool! WRT teh drain pipe, my recommendation is that you install the pipe that has a cloth sleeve over it (essentially the same perforated pipe but with a sock) - what will happen with the pipe you're using is that Dirt will wash into the pipe this dirt will settle at all teh low spots and eventually clog it , the one with the filter cloth really does a great job of keeping the dirt on the outside of the pipe.
Try digging in pure clay! Your soil looks wonderful in comparison!

sisie5
04-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Mat,thanks for the advice,never thought of the cloth or about the dirt clogging.Do you know if you can purchase the cloth and wrap it.Beings we already have the drainage pipe
thanks

chazzilla
04-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Here is our's. Currently replacing the liner, so these are a year old. It is half inground half out, and backfilled. It has been up for about 4 years now, and when I took the old liner out not ONE SPOT of rust. Thank goodness!

Good Luck!
Chaz

huskerfan
04-27-2006, 02:17 AM
There are pictures of mine in the thread "Building a Pool Deck". I can't seem to post the same picture again - so just go to that thread I guess to see it.

We have a 14x32ft Timber Tech composite deck built between our house and the pool. We are lucky that we have a slight slope right behind our house, so I can go out the back garage door, be right on the deck, and go right to the top of the pool. As close to an IG as we'll ever have.

I'm working on my landscaping as we speak. I'm doing a lot of Native grasses as they're low maintenance and I just love the look. Also - they don't attract bees, and can take the direct sun.

Our yard could only accomodate an 18' round pool - so we opted for an 18x34 oval: an Echo Canyon from The Pool Place in Chatanooga TN. Gorgeous pattern on the pool walls and very pretty liner that looks like real tile.

Honestly speaking- putting up the pool ourselves was a **** of a lot of work - thank God for Matt on the forum, he was there for me every night when I was exhausted and beside myself, lol! To top it off we ended up building the deck ourselves too. We about killed ourselves to get it done in time for my brother and his wife to visit- got it done the day before they got here. He got me hooked on getting a pool, and it was nice to be able to enjoy it with him. That was the last time I got to see them, we lost them both late last year. The moral of the story is - go for it- and enjoy your pool whether it's oval, rectangle, or round. Life's too short for all work and no play. I still envision Matt floating in his with his laptop, answering pool forum questions, lol!

matt4x4
04-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Yeah, and my hair still hasn't recovered from the ZAP I got the day i fell off the floatie with the laptop - it's still sticking straight up - moral of the story here is to work on batteries when in the pool!

AGP18by33
05-02-2006, 05:31 PM
I have an Oval pool installation question.

Before we put up the track, I believe I read on this board to lay down some "crusher run" first. Should we dig a trench where the track will go
then fill it with the CR or do we just put the CR on the ground then put the
track up?

Here is the post I am referring to:

" Re: Oval Pool Set up with pics and tips?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Recommendation to you is to build a 2" wall base out of compacted screenings (crusher run), this will "lift" your walls to accomodate the 2" of styrofoam and put everything back on the same level. The compactor will likely run you about 30 bucks for the day, you'll probably need 2-3 yds of screenings since you'll want them to go well beyond the edge of your bottom rail."

Do we do this to ours even though we have a J-Hook liner? It is the type that hangs off of the wall.

Thanks in advance. We are still working on the new fence. I will post pictures of the install.

Rhonda

huskerfan
05-02-2006, 07:06 PM
NO- you only need the stone dust under the track if you need it to level it. Matt was talking about a round pool install when he said to build it up 2 inches. With an oval pool you cannot build it up as the support straps that go underneath need to be level with the ground.

AGP18by33
05-02-2006, 10:21 PM
I forgot about those support straps. Makes perfect sense now.
Thanks.

rhonda