PDA

View Full Version : So, where to put the pump/filter?

ShelleyAnn
04-24-2006, 06:40 PM
My husband and I are ready to put up the walls of our 15 x 30 AG and we are still married! Go figure! Now, we are wondering the best place to put the pump/filter: under the yet-to-be-installed new deck between the pool and the house (basically 5 feet away from our bedroom window), or 45 feet away on the far side of the pool where the wind directs the skimmer should be. I know out there would be "optimal" for catching floating debris, but would require a whole bunch more wire/conduit/digging etc. and the wind has been known to change direction in our back yard.

What do you all who've done it think?

Shelley

hrsdennis
04-24-2006, 08:12 PM
Still married huh? That's great but you are only half done. I hope the rest goes well. On an oval pool choose one of the corners. In order to have the wall connection behind an upright the ends or better than the sides. In my past experience wind calculations have little to do with anything. Todays filter systems are made to circulate water around the entire pool regardless of weather conditions.

I always find that filters under decks are a pain to service. You really do need access to all parts of the system. I would opt for the farthest point from the house and not under the deck. The extra hook up work will be will worth it in the years to come.

Heres a tip for installing the wall. When you get back around to the starting point it is likely your wall will be to long or to short. Instead of making all the adjustment at that one footplate, back the wall out and evenly adjust over 4, 5 or 6 footplates, depending on the amount you need. This will make for a better finished product.

Best of luck, Dennis

Poconos
04-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Just a suggestion, if you're gonna dig, bury anything you can think of that you may need in the future. Even empty conduits. PVC is cheep !!
Al

traceyb
07-10-2006, 04:12 PM
What about if you have a 30' round? We are planning to walk out from our exixting deck, straight onto the largest portion of the decking and also to the left. We are thinking of putting the pump where the largest part of the decking ends, but not UNDER the decking.Will it be too loud for our company to fathom? It seems like the best location for "site" considerations. Not visible from the road (which is only traveled by my sis and hubby) and not visible from the existing deck. Looking over the end of the soon to be new decking, sure, you'll be able to see it........but everyone knows you have to have a pump/filter for a beautiful pool.