PDA

View Full Version : Maintain water quality with no chems!?!?!

Wayne LaBanca
07-03-2007, 07:27 PM
OK folks,
Have at it:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/solar+powered-floatron-cleans-your-pool-and-cuts-down-on-chemicals-274836.php

fuelman
07-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Yea, Right.
I find this very hard to believe

waterbear
07-03-2007, 10:33 PM
The Floatron is a solar powered copper/silver ionizer. It puts copper and silver into the water (similar to a Nature 2 or but it is an electronic ionizer). Hardly chemical free and still needs to be used with chlorine as a residual sanitizer.

CarlD
07-04-2007, 07:23 AM
Yeah, it's like instant water: Put this stuff in a glass, add water and Voila! you have water!

There's no free lunch, but there always is someone who's trying to convince you there is--and will sell it to you!

waterbear
07-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Yeah, it's like instant water: Put this stuff in a glass, add water and Voila! you have water!

There's no free lunch, but there always is someone who's trying to convince you there is--and will sell it to you!
Carl,
I sell instant water and it works! Wanna buy some? :D (It's great for cleaning tinfoil hats but you DON"T want to mix it with DHMO or you will have all the bad effects that DMHO can produce!)

CarlD
07-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Carl,
I sell instant water and it works! Wanna buy some? :D (It's great for cleaning tinfoil hats but you DON"T want to mix it with DHMO or you will have all the bad effects that DMHO can produce!)

Sure! Do you take Rubles left over from the Soviet Union? Or Confederate dollars??? Barring that, can I pay you with three-dollar bills?

waterbear
07-04-2007, 02:54 PM
The three dollar bills will be acceptable.;) But only if you are wearing a tinfoil hat.

matt4x4
07-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Bunch of skeptics! put that in your pool right beside your similar frisbee for solar powered SWG (yet to be developed), and add the salt generating frisbee (also yet to be developed) and you'll have a chemical free pool.

CarlD
07-04-2007, 03:38 PM
The three dollar bills will be acceptable.;) But only if you are wearing a tinfoil hat.

Are wrinkles in the tin-foil OK?:confused:

CarlD
07-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Bunch of skeptics! put that in your pool right beside your similar frisbee for solar powered SWG (yet to be developed), and add the salt generating frisbee (also yet to be developed) and you'll have a chemical free pool.

I can have a chemical-free pool tomorrow. But I won't be able to swim because I'll have drained off the MAIN chemical......

waterbear
07-05-2007, 12:45 AM
I have come across a solar powered swg on the net. Forget where I saw it but it also included a solar ioniozer since I guess it didn't generate that much chlorine!

waterbear
07-05-2007, 12:46 AM
I can have a chemical-free pool tomorrow. But I won't be able to swim because I'll have drained off the MAIN chemical......
If you are talking about DHMO then you'd better drain it out. That stuff is reponsible for a lot of injuries and deaths each year when it's in a pool and it gets in the lungs! (Altough it does help prevent some types of injuries when a pool is full of it and someone falls in. Keeps 'em from getting banged up and bruised.)

CarlD
07-05-2007, 06:54 AM
If you are talking about DHMO then you'd better drain it out. That stuff is reponsible for a lot of injuries and deaths each year when it's in a pool and it gets in the lungs! (Altough it does help prevent some types of injuries when a pool is full of it and someone falls in. Keeps 'em from getting banged up and bruised.)

Yeah, that darned DHMO is the most dangerous chemical to have around. But keeping it in your pool is the only way to keep your liner from being ruined.

I wonder if Leslie's and the other pool stores have a DHMO remover...I'd pay $20 a quart for it...

I'd use it to polish my favorite bridge.....

matt4x4
07-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Whatever you guys are smoking - is it legal to bring across the border????

waterbear
07-05-2007, 07:44 PM
I'd use it to polish my favorite bridge.....
You mean the one I sold you that is in Brooklyn?

CarlD
07-05-2007, 10:36 PM
You mean the one I sold you that is in Brooklyn?

Yeah, that one!:eek::rolleyes::D