PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Shock??

savdoc2
04-24-2006, 05:17 PM
I was at Kmart this afternoon and in their pool stuff they had a gallon bottle of liquid Shock. It said it contains 10% Sodium Hypochlorite. It was $3.49 per gallon and mfg by KIK International. Anyone know anything about this? Is it worth paying more for a higher %? I didn't buy any since I bought a bunch of bleach yesterday.

xoroniox
04-24-2006, 05:57 PM
seems expensive to me, liquid shock just means bleach @ 10% concentration sodium hypochlorite, i buy 2.5gallon yellow jugs of 10% @ the pool store for $3.77. $1.50/gallon sounds better to me than $3.49 but it might be worth the extra money because you dont need to deal with pool store employees! lol

prh129
04-24-2006, 07:02 PM
I was in Kmart this morning and they have their 3 qt ultra bleach (6%) on sale for $1 a bottle this week.

It's all liquid chlorine but keep in mind that higher concentrations can break down faster so keep them away from light & heat as best you can and use them up first.

Peter

savdoc2
04-24-2006, 09:24 PM
I didn't buy any, but was curious about it. The price did seem high to me.

waste
04-24-2006, 09:37 PM
I didn't buy any, but was curious about it. The price did seem high to me.
It used to be all over the site but, compare % chlorine to % chlorine when shopping for bleach or shock (they are the same chem. - sodium hypochlorite), 2% sodium hypochlorite @ $1/ bottle isn't as good as 5% sodium hypochlorite @ $2/ bottle - it's all 'bang per buck', but be sure that the 'bleach' you buy doesn't have 'extra' stuff in it - like scents or whatever.