PDA

View Full Version : Polyquat? What and where

NWMNMom
04-24-2006, 03:04 PM
I asked at our local pool chem dealers about polyquat and the only algecide they (along with the local BIGBOX outlets) carry for pools is the the one with the copper(?) in it. So what brandnames does this stuff go by and is there someplace it can be ordered online? It it a MUST have item?

mwsmith2
04-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Take a looksee here:

http://www.poolsolutions.com/gd/polyquat.html

And yes, it's a must have item IF you've got stubborn mustard algae.

Michael

Tootie
04-24-2006, 04:34 PM
If you have a Lowe's or walmart nearby they should have it in the pool supplies isle.It's from" Aqua Chem",comes in 1 quart's bottles and has a purple top...
The Ingredient should say somefin poly(oxyethelene dimethyliminio....
60% Active Ingredient.........

Margit

b2001
04-29-2006, 06:53 PM
I went looking today at both a Lowe's and and a couple of Walmart's in the Dallas area today and all the algecides seem to be either copper or amonia based ... I guess I'll keep looking ...

----------

Well, there certainly does not appear to be many places that carry this, but I found it at a local Tom Thumb grocery store - 60% for $19 something ...

ScottEvil
05-09-2006, 06:25 PM
I went looking today at both a Lowe's and and a couple of Walmart's in the Dallas area today and all the algecides seem to be either copper or amonia based ... I guess I'll keep looking ...

----------

Well, there certainly does not appear to be many places that carry this, but I found it at a local Tom Thumb grocery store - 60% for $19 something ...

I buy mine from Home Depot . it is called " Super Algae Eliminate-60 $15 gt.
Leslies sells a different brand for $23 qt

NWMNMom
05-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Still no luck with the Polyquat at our local stores. Our Lowes does not carry it, only the amonia based - Walmart has NO chemicals (they said they aren't licensed to carry them) and Menards has the copper based. We don't have a pool store close by - 154 miles away and I'm sure they cost more anyways. I'll have to order - there are no state restrictions on shipping that as far as anyone knows?