PDA

View Full Version : Steel service panel

tbelle
04-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new here and we are about to purchase either a 24' or 27' pool. Can anyone advise me on buying one w/ steel service panel and resin top rail/uprights versus a pool without. I have picked one out that is $4895 total with install for 24'. Oh, plus $185 for sand and extra for electric. That seems overpriced. What does everyone else have. Of course the pool salesman said to get the resin because people will burn their arms with the aluminum top railing. Thanks for any suggestions!!! :)

gwrace1
04-24-2006, 04:49 PM
We chose a 33' round steel/resin combination pool as advised by the above ground pool book we bought. The pool had a resin bottom rail, deluxe resin boots on the uprights and resin seat clamps. Everything else was steel. It also included the stainless steel service panel. The only advantage I see to the service panel is being able to replace a section of pool wall if it ever corrodes or fails. Ours did have a place for running two return lines which I did. Artesian provides a non-prorated lifetime warranty on their 8500 series pools which was another selling point for us.

I kind of wish our top seats were resin. Even with spring time temps that steel gets real hot on the bare feet. Of course you can always sit or step on the top seat clamps as they are resin. The steel pool walls are very strong. In fact the front of the factory deck and fence kit rests on the pool wall and you can easily and safely walk completely around the pool for cleaning purposes.

IMherDad
04-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Hey Tebell,

We looked hard at the same pool you are considering but in the end we just went with the steel. For us we knew we would not be hanging on the sides that much (mostly me and the wife) so the heat would not be a problem. And if and when we add a deck we may build it about the top seat so that would not be a problem either.

We got a larger pool (33') with dual returns for less money but that was just our decision. Whatever you do, get the two returns. Its welll worth it.

barry