PDA

View Full Version : Help with my test results?

sbillingsley
06-25-2007, 08:18 PM
I have a PS234 that I never got a booklet for. Every know and then I get it out to test the pool. I do all the test but have no clue what the results mean. Can you tell me where my results stand? Does anyone have copy of the book that should have came separately in the mail for this thing?

Have a octagon vinyl pool. 6 foot in deep 3 foot in shallow. Use Chlorine. A little cloudy. Currently have a leak we cant find so we have to add .5 to 1 inch water a day.

FC 1
CC1
TC 2
pH 6.8
alk 30
cal 60
Cya 40

Thanks for any info you can give me.

aylad
06-25-2007, 11:31 PM
I have a PS234 that I never got a booklet for. Every know and then I get it out to test the pool. I do all the test but have no clue what the results mean. Can you tell me where my results stand? Does anyone have copy of the book that should have came separately in the mail for this thing?

Have a octagon vinyl pool. 6 foot in deep 3 foot in shallow. Use Chlorine. A little cloudy. Currently have a leak we cant find so we have to add .5 to 1 inch water a day.

FC 1
CC1
TC 2
pH 6.8
alk 30
cal 60
Cya 40

Thanks for any info you can give me.

With a CYA of 40, you should keep an absolute minimum of 3-4 ppm of Cl in your pool. Since it's cloudy and has been low on chlorine, I would shock it by taking your chlorine up to 15 ppm and holding it there overnight, or until the CC goes back to zero.
'
Your pH is low at 6.8, and since that's the lowest reading on the scale it could actually be a lot lower and you don't realize it. If it's under 7, it could damage your pool. You needto bring it up above 7.0 ASAP, like now. Use Borax to do so.

Your alk is low at 30, you want to shoot for the 80-100 range. Use Arm & Hammer baking soda to raise it. Calcium is fine, not really relevant in a vinyl pool. And your CYA is fine, as long as you get your chlorine up to the 3-6 range.

Janet

sbillingsley
06-26-2007, 08:55 PM
How do I know how much of everything to add? Is there a order of operation?

aylad
06-29-2007, 06:02 PM
How do I know how much of everything to add? Is there a order of operation?

You need to address the pH immediately, followed by the Cl. TA needs to be addressed, but can wait. Here's a link for the Bleachcalc, which is a quantity calculator designed by a member of this forum. http://www.troublefreepools.com/viewtopic.php?t=110

Janet