PDA

View Full Version : is this Algae?

clayw1963
06-12-2007, 09:14 AM
I have a 24' above ground pool.
Latest stats are:

FC 4, CC 0 , TC 4, PH 7.5, ALK 100, CAL 110, CYA 30 temp is about 74
I added a liquid solar blanket about a week ago (I think all this did was make the water a little cloudy)

The past 3 mornings, I've noticed, in the middle of the pool on the bottom small green "balls" of something any where from 1/4 inch to 1/2 in diameter.
I can get them out with the skimmer, they don't break up. But, once in the net I can break them up with my fingers. Pool cleaner also gets rid of it.
There is nothing floating in the pool or around the edges, so I'm not sure what this is. I shocked this morning up to 15ppm, so I will see if this helps.
Is this some type of algae? I haven't had to deal with any algae since I got rid of Baquacil. The algae that I had with Baqua floated on the top and the bottom of the pool.

Any ideas?

waste
06-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Clay, with a CC=0 and FC=4 I doubt it's algae. Any of the trees in your neighborhood dropping anything that might look like that when wet and rolled up?

clayw1963
06-13-2007, 08:46 AM
I don't think it is algae either. It held the chlorine shock level over night, so I think it is like you said and must be something falling off of the trees.
There are two large maple trees close by the pool. I think I need to have them trimmed way back this fall. We are also having an unusually dry season here in Tennessee, I am constantly battling leaves this year. Something that I never have to do until that fall.
Thanks