PDA

View Full Version : Suction-side chlorine feed?

stualden
06-10-2007, 08:48 AM
I was wondering if anyone has tried rigging up a liquid chlorine feeding system that injects on the suction side of the filter pump. I've seen a device, no longer made (I think it was called "Ever-Chlor"), which was basically a valve that switched on and off periodically to allow the chlorine to pass through. By entering on the suction side, no pump was needed to force the chlorine into the system. This particular device is used to chlorinate drinking water, but the instructions appeared to suggest that pool chlorination was another viable application.

I realize that the pressure-side feed is better for the equipment (since it's downstream of everything). But the suction-side approach seems so much simpler that I'm thinking of trying it, and I was curious to see if anyone else has prior experience with it. Thanks.

CarlD
06-10-2007, 04:15 PM
I had a similar one: Liquimate. Total waste of money. It NEVER worked right. And it SHOULD have, which is the crazy thing. It's too simple an idea not to work, unless it's made completely incorrectly.

GraceByDesign
06-11-2007, 02:00 PM
See this (http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=7284) thread...

stualden
06-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Very interesting, thanks for pointing me to that. I'll continue the discussion over there.