PDA

View Full Version : Help! Green pool here is China Grove Texas!

mzorola
04-23-2006, 10:41 PM
We have a 30'x52" round pool. The pool was nice amd clear this winter but turned very green with the increase in temp. Here are my numbers:

free chlorine: 2
total chlorine: 5
c chlorine: 3 (I dont remember what the c stoof for-lousy notes!)
PH: 7.2
Total alk: 240

I have been shocking the pool to no avail. I can kinda see patches of blue and green through the water and the pump has been running non-stop. I have new sand in the filter.

This is my first season just using chlorine. Last season I got fooled into using baqa-something or other. I let that work itself out over the winter.

Any help is appreciated!

Marcos

JohnT
04-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Switching from baquacil will eat a lot of chlorine. You have to keep the chlorine at shock level, and check it several times a day. Your FC of 2 is way too low and the CC of 3 shows you still need to shock. You need to get to and stay around 15 ppm chlorine. Most here use bleach for shock.

mwsmith2
04-24-2006, 07:56 AM
This is my first season just using chlorine. Last season I got fooled into using baqa-something or other. I let that work itself out over the winter.

I can assure you that it has not worked itself out over the winter! ;) 1st step for you is to go the the baquacil forum on this site and read up on how to do a baquacil conversion, since that is what you are doing, like it or not!

Michael

mzorola
04-24-2006, 08:11 AM
Is my total alk at 240 a problem?

Marcos

aylad
04-24-2006, 08:17 AM
Not for right now--your biggest problem is getting the conversion over with--you can work out the alk problems later.

Janet