PDA

View Full Version : Spinoff: Show me your deck storage boxes

seminolewind
06-06-2007, 01:01 PM
I can't remember which website or magazine I saw it on but the deck had a Rubbermaid or like-Rubbermaid storage bench with a high back on it. I know I'm going to need some type of storage box for floaties, etc. but I've already looked in Home Depot, Lowe's, Wal-Mart and even Trader Horn. I can't find anything!!! We're probably going to have to make ourselves (which I prefer). So, if you have a storage box/bench type container on your deck, please post a picture of it and where you got it, haha. Thanks!

KirstenHW
06-06-2007, 01:43 PM
I have the Rubbermaid one you're talking about - mine is wider than it is tall. I'll take a shot of it tonite - can you tell me how to post the photo here though?

I love the thing. I believe that I ordered it on-line though - direct from Rubbermaid. The lid & floor are deep green, the sides taupe. Not much to look at, but it keeps everything high and dry. There are recesses inside that you can make wooden shelves for (Rubbermaid has the designs for them on their site).

seminolewind
06-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Bless you! Unfortunately, I don't know how to post a picture. However, I do remember CarlD mentioning in the pool thread about simply copying and pasting into the message box? I don't know if that still works or not. I will be waiting for your picture! :)

KirstenHW
06-06-2007, 02:34 PM
Glad to help! Check it out - found it on the Rubbermaid site. Mine is the one at the top of the list. Apparently, they now come with a shelf inside. When I bought it you could only make your own. The bench style one you mentioned looks to be one of the ones at the bottom. Mine is over 10 years old and it looks exactly like the picture still. It even has a latch that can accommodate a lock so you can store chemicals in there in confidence. Just don't leave metal stuff in there with chlorine - it will pit everything to pieces. I'm curious if the ones listed with shelves are metal shelves, wood or plastic. I'll take a shot of mine tonite anyway and try to figure out how to post it.

http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/ecommerce/category.jhtml?catId=HpdCat140014

iwannapool
06-06-2007, 02:39 PM
I bought a storage box at Costco, $79, that's about 5'x2'x2' and is tan in color.

NWMNMom
06-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Target, $59.99 - it is made for seating but does not have a bench back on it. That was fine with me, I like this one. Its big enough for all kinds of stuff, pretty leak proof too - we have our solar salt in there with everything else and all our rain has not dampened anything in there. Its about 4' wide by around 3' high. It has wheels on one end and a handle to pick up and move it - handy. Easy to put together as no tools were needed.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/wmfids/Picture002.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/wmfids/Picture001.jpg

KirstenHW
06-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Forgive the sidetrack, NWMNMom, but how did you post your photos in line with the text?

NWMNMom
06-06-2007, 07:05 PM
I use Photobucket. All are uploaded there, then you just click on the IMG Code spot and it says "copied" then you click "paste" on your reply here. It puts the link code right into the text. So its really a direct link and it doesn't bog down this site/server.