PDA

View Full Version : Hurricanes

west1745
04-23-2006, 04:09 PM
I have a new pool here in FL. Are there any people here who have experienced a hurricane with their pool -

- what should I do to prepare for one - do you super chlorinate just before one comes? Shut off the pump?

- what do you keep on hand for afterwards?

Any tips and advice are appreciated!!

xoroniox
04-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Hey,
I live in south florida, hollywood. i just posted some pics from the last hurricane season check out this post, last post is mine.

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?p=4222#post4222

by the way, i just leave my pump/filter on the timer as usual and stock up on some extra bleach the week before a hurricane comes and put it in the garage. i buy twice what i normally would for a 2 week period.

-Arron

west1745
04-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Hey,
I live in south florida, hollywood. i just posted some pics from the last hurricane season check out this post, last post is mine.

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?p=4222#post4222

by the way, i just leave my pump/filter on the timer as usual and stock up on some extra bleach the week before a hurricane comes and put it in the garage. i buy twice what i normally would for a 2 week period.

-Arron

Wow - how did you get it cleaned up? The before and after picture is incredible.

xoroniox
04-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Wow - how did you get it cleaned up? The before and after picture is incredible.

LOL alot of hard manual labor, but our gardener offered to remove the screen and haul it away for FREE if he can have it because he can recycle it and get paid for the aluminum, i believe he said he got $300 for all of it, took him a few hours to get it out and chopped down to fit into his truck. There was a ton of damage to the fence/house roof/pool our list of damages were extensive still working on fixing some things actually and guess what here comes hurricane season again! the pool though i drained and acid washed then refilled and installed a new motor and pump/filter, chemical startup and 1 month later its back to being perfect, however that was a long month of bleach, wash the filter, cloudy water and so on lol .. that pool sat for 6 months without anything but leaves and dirt being added to it... nasty! :D