PDA

View Full Version : Problems!!

lorettasweet
06-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this, but I have 2 problems now with the pool. I have a 27' Round AG pool. With help from this forum, I got the pool clean and crystal clear over the past few weeks and have been using the heck out of it.

Problem 1.

I have a small hole in the hose connecting the filter to the return so it's slowely losing water.

Is there a way to patch a hole like this? I know I need to replace it, but would have to drain the water out below the skimmer and return before I could do so. which leads me to Problem 2.

We are in a bit of a drought here, and the local water district has forbidden any use of water that isn't necessary. No watering plants, flowers, washing cars, etc, and definetly no filling of pools.

Due to the hole in the hose, and the hot sun evapporating the water daily, we've got maybe a day left before the water gets too low to run the pump.

Is there a way to keep the water clean and stirred without using the pump? I'd hate for it to turn green again after I worked so hard getting it clean.

Now of course, if the water gets that low, I'll go ahead and replace the hose while I'm not using the pump, but I hope to not have to get to that point.

Thanks for the help in advance!

nicole12
06-02-2007, 07:59 AM
I also had a hole right in the middile of the hose from the filter to the pool, DH hit it with the weedwacker. I had to replace that hose but here are some tips from a thread I posted and I think some tips on fixing the hose. If you do replace the hose you don't need to lower the water. You take the hose from the skimmer and take it off at the filter and put it up into the pool...hopefully you have someone to hold it there so it doesn't slide back out of the pool or use a rock to hold it. For the return when you take the hose off just hold your hand on the other side to block most of the water as you pull off the old hose and when you put the new hose back on also have that hose up over the side into your pool so when you let go off the return you will not lose any water. The only water you should lose is the water that was in your filter. I have since added two shut-off ball valves one before the filter and one after the filter.

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=4136

As far as the loss of water, do you have any companies in the area that deliver pool water? Not sure how much that would cost but if your water ban lasts for a while it may be worth it to have it filled.

waste
06-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Um... not to be offensive but, they do make plugs that will allow the changeout with ~no loss of water. Plug the skimmer and return and the only water you loose is what's already in the pipes.
HTH

nicole12
06-02-2007, 08:44 PM
yeah but the plugs would be too easy :) it's fun to try and hold 2 hoses at once while my 2 little kids are running around me in circles.