PDA

View Full Version : How far will an expandable liner expand?

aylad
05-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Friend with a 24 foot AGP needs to replace her liner and wants to dig the pool a little deeper, so she's wanting to know how deep she can go with an expandable liner. Anybody know?

Janet

matt4x4
05-29-2007, 08:13 AM
Depends on the make I would presume - the doughboy that Dennis recently installed looked to go about 3 feet deeper in the center, I have a normal J hook liner in my 30 foot pool and was able to go 8" without any issues - probably could have gone a foot or more, of course, you never know these things beforehand :)
Anyone selling expandable liners should be able to tell you exactly what you can do with it. Depth will be proportional to diameter I would think - 24 foot pool won't get as deep as a 30 with the same liner I'm thinking.

aylad
05-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Depends on the make I would presume - the doughboy that Dennis recently installed looked to go about 3 feet deeper in the center, I have a normal J hook liner in my 30 foot pool and was able to go 8" without any issues - probably could have gone a foot or more, of course, you never know these things beforehand :)
Anyone selling expandable liners should be able to tell you exactly what you can do with it. Depth will be proportional to diameter I would think - 24 foot pool won't get as deep as a 30 with the same liner I'm thinking.

Thanks, it makes sense. I think she was hoping to get it online, but before she does I'll have her call a pool dealer to check. Appreciate the comments.

Janet

hrsdennis
05-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Hi Janet, I do prefer the Doughboy brand because they are a true expandable liner. They will expand to any size and shape hole you make, usually without any wrinkles. Doughboy recommends a 2’ 6” maximum depth. This goes for any size pool. This makes the slope pretty steep on the smaller pools but it can still be done.

On a round pool you can do half deep end and half normal or you can dig out the center with just a 2’ ledge around the outside. The same liner will fit both shapes. Most of the ovals we do, the deep area is at one end or the other. It is possible, however, to have the majority of the pool area at a deeper depth, perfect for pool games like volleyball.

Hope this helps, Dennis