PDA

View Full Version : Have Kit, Need Help After Test

sbillingsley
05-27-2007, 12:33 PM
I bought a test kit last year in July. Never got a users guide so I am not really sure what to do. I have an octagon liner pool that is 3 foot in the shallow and 6 foot in the deep. I did a test using the kit but now I don't know what to do with the results. If I have a users guide would it tell me what to add based on the results? I kind of feel like I wasted my money on the test kit. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

FC 2.5
TC 0
PH 7.2
ALK 80
CAL 70
CYA 32

sbillingsley
05-27-2007, 12:50 PM
i think i posted this in the wrong place by accident!

chem geek
05-27-2007, 06:48 PM
I think you meant CC for Combined Chlorine that you recorded at 0, not TC or Total Chlorine (which would be the sum of Free Chlorine and Combined Chlorine). Anyway, your numbers look fine (you don't need CH for a vinyl pool unless you have exposed grout with tile) except that your chlorine level needs to be a little higher given the 32 ppm CYA level (which I assume is an estimate between 30 and 40 since the tube only shows every 10 ppm in the low range). See this chart (http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=365) and try to keep the Free Chlorine at a minimum of 3 ppm so start out higher so that it drops to no lower than 3 ppm the next time you add chlorine.

Richard

sbillingsley
05-27-2007, 08:52 PM
I think you meant CC for Combined Chlorine that you recorded at 0, not TC or Total Chlorine WHICH IS THE NUMBER OFF THE BLUE TEST KIT? THE WATER DID NOT TURN YELLOW WHEN I DID THE DROPS

(you don't need CH WHAT IS CH?

which I assume is an estimate between 30 and 40 since the tube only shows every 10 ppm in the low range) YES IT WAS JUST ABOVE THE 30 LINE

ANY IDEA HOW I GET A USERS MANUAL FOR THE KIT? I HAVE ALL THIS INFO AND NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH IT. I JUST DONT WANT MY POOL TO TURN GREEN, THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP!

aylad
05-28-2007, 12:52 AM
If you bought one of Ben's kits, here's the link to the instructions...

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=6461

Janet