PDA

View Full Version : Floating Pool Light

NullQwerty
05-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Hey folks,

I've got an 18X36 inground vinyl pool without lights. I was thinking about buying the Glow Buoy floating pool light which I've heard good things about. It runs for about $100 though and I see there are others for about $25.

Has anyone purchased anything other than the Glow Buoy, that is cheaper, and had a good experience with them? If so, what is the name brand and how many did you have to purchase to light up the pool (one Glow Buoy should light up my whole pool)?

Thanks!

ccostan
05-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Hi,

I had bought a twin pack of these floating solar lights for about 25 bucks (maybe from HD or lowes) 2 years ago. They cycle through a couple of colors and seemed like a great deal. The biggest issue I had with them is that they just ended up in my skimmer boxes EVERY MORNING. :)

I stuck it out for a while until finally one of them was submerged in the pool (by one of my friends) and filled with water. Took about a week of drying out the circuits inside before it started working again. Now they sit on my patio tables and glow up at night. Permanently Dry Docked.

My advice is to make sure they won't get sucked into your skimmer boxes. BTW: The cheaper ones I had also did not do a very good job of illuminating the water itself. They were more like floating mood lights.

CARLO.

NullQwerty
05-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Thanks!

BTW: The cheaper ones I had also did not do a very good job of illuminating the water itself. They were more like floating mood lights.

See, that's what I was afraid of. Glow Buoy is supposed to light up the water itself which is what I was looking for.

Thanks for letting me know!

NullQwerty
05-27-2007, 09:52 PM
FYI everyone. I just ordered the Glow Buoy (floating rechargeable) off of www.DicksSportingGoods.com for only $71 (plus $9 shipping). The full discounts are taken at time of checkout (before that it says $99, then $90, and finally $71).

I haven't seen it anywhere for that cheap.

joliecharlie
05-28-2007, 05:49 PM
That is a great price! I bought mine last year for twice that.
We have been very pleased with it.
Enjoy.