PDA

View Full Version : filling 16' donut pool with well water, and chemicals....

sewzhmkr
05-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Hello, I was curious about adding chemicals. I am only running the water for an hour and then letting it rest for an hour, but I added just a touch of bleach so that the water didn't start to "slime" up over the next few days of filling. My question is when you completely refill your pool should you take it to shock level? And if so, how long should I keep it at shock level? Thanks in advance for everyones time and input.

aylad
05-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Hello, I was curious about adding chemicals. I am only running the water for an hour and then letting it rest for an hour, but I added just a touch of bleach so that the water didn't start to "slime" up over the next few days of filling. My question is when you completely refill your pool should you take it to shock level? And if so, how long should I keep it at shock level? Thanks in advance for everyones time and input.

I would shock it, and hold your shock level until it doesn't drop more than 1-2 ppm overnight. Then let it drift down, adding chlorine daily until you have stabilizer in the water.

Janet

mbar
05-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Since you are using well water, I would add a sequestering agent (something that says metal out) before shocking the pool, so that if there are any metals in the well water they will be held in suspension.

sewzhmkr
05-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Thanks...

I am heading to the pool store this evening. Is there any brand better than the other for helping with metals in the water?

mbar
05-25-2007, 09:27 PM
They are all very similar. Right now I am trying proteam metal magic. I have used Jack's Magic, Metal Free, and Sequasol. Right now I have no preference. I am trying all different kinds to see if any work better, but so far they all seem the same:)