PDA

View Full Version : pool fountain

sunofthebeach
05-21-2007, 12:45 PM
I am looking for a fountain that I can add to my pool that will shoot one stream of water from one of my returns to the middle of the pool.

I am looking to unscrew the eyeball return fitting and replace it with this “fountain”

I don’t want to kind that has a hose connected to the fountain and the return and floats around the pool.

My return line is only about 12 inches under water, so this product would be screwed into the return, come up the wall just above the water and shoot a stream across the pool.

Does anyone know of such a product?

nater
05-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Here's a link to what I and a few others have done. Fairly easy and really cheap, especially if you've got some PVC laying around.

You'll need a 1.5" male threaded apdapter to screw into the eyeball line, a 45* piece, roughly 24" of 1.5" pvc pipe, and an end cap. I used a drill on an angle to create the spray pattern.

Works well to cool the water in the summer if needed, sounds good when in fountain mode, and I angle it to increase the surface agitation to keep things moving towards the skimmer if I don't want the fountain effect.

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=466&highlight=homemade

Phillbo
05-23-2007, 02:57 PM
What about a fitting that screws in in place of the existing aerator? Or does your pool not have one ?

sunofthebeach
05-23-2007, 03:37 PM
What about a fitting that screws in in place of the existing aerator? Or does your pool not have one ?

that is exactly what I am looking for.

the previous post is what I am looking for also.

The part the will screw into the return line after I remove the existing eyeball thing. The part that I get still needs to be adjustable, and I have never seen one of these at the plumbing supply store. The return line eyeball is 4 inches above a seat and I need the fountain part of it to stay vertical while I screw the fitting in.

chem geek
05-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Just keep in mind that the fountain will add to the aeration of your pool water and will increase any tendency of your pool's pH to rise. If that happens, then let us know and there are things you can do to reduce this problem.

Richard

ePoolUser
05-24-2007, 03:33 AM
Sounds like you are wanting to simply send the return water for a ride. Should be an easy PVC project. It reminds me of the water fountain in the Detroit airport terminal. Way cool.

I bought a simple fountain last year from Target.com, that has multiple streams of water. It is not in the stores if I remember right. Yep, I just checked their site. Searched "pool fountain", it came up first in line.