PDA

View Full Version : foamy bubbles?

bhelme
05-20-2007, 08:22 AM
Everything was great until the pollen hit big time and my filters got really clogged (in less than a week). SWG stopped generating because the flow was too low. Noticed bubbles/foam on the surface and water had started to cloud. Was able to clean it all out yesterday and all operations are normal. Dumped a bunch of bleach and the water is now mostly cleared up, but the bubbles/foam are still there.

Today's readings:
FC 5
CC 0
TC 5
pH 7.4
Alk 100
Cal 450
Cya 20
Temp 80 degrees
Salt 3200

I have added Morton's solar salt, bleach, and muriatic acid this year, except I also used up the last three little bags of Mineral Springs that I was sucker enough to buy before I really read about SWG's in the forum. Could that be causing the problem? :confused: Or do I have an algae problem and need to get my FC way up there to shock that stuff I let grow in the 3 days I wasn't able to keep an eye on things.

bhelme
05-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Well, 8.5 gallons of bleach later and the bubbles have nearly disappeared, so I guess it was algae related after all. Wish I could blame the Mineral Springs instead of my neglect in checking the filter for three days (I hate this pollen!).

tenax
05-21-2007, 04:49 PM
last year, i put a bunch of algaecide in at one time and got tons of foamy bubbles...i was panicked at first but yep, over some days, they went away:)

Chell
05-25-2007, 03:09 PM
So a quick question,

To much algaecide will cause the water to look kinda cloudy and cause bubbles? when you move around in the water or back flush it, it will create a lot little bubbles?

I haven't put bleach in it because I was scared to do anyhthing else to it, will 8.5 gallons of bleach help straighten it out?

Haave pool party this sunday and would love a qucik fix if possible, Thanks

The water was green and I put the algaecidein to clear it up and I believe I over did it a tad. I let my teen age dauaghter put it in while I was at work and she put two gallon in a 14,000 gallon pool!!!!!!!!

tenax
05-25-2007, 11:50 PM
what i had what was bubbles coming out of the return and then they turned into foam on the surface when i used too much algaecide..first time i ever had that. probably put a gallon of algacide in vs a small bottle hoping it would clear things up quickly..

when i've had bubbles coming out of the returns, it's been because i have air in my pipes or pump..usually the pump.

mbar
05-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Chell, you said you only put in algaecide? You have to put in bleach, algaecide will help to prevent algae, not get rid of it. You should post a full set of numbers so we can help you. Too much algaecide can cause foamy water, but there are other reasons for it too.