PDA

View Full Version : vacuuming

kecsmom
05-18-2007, 11:50 AM
i feel really dumb,but my husband is notn here and i can't figure out how to hook up the vacyym. i have two hoses, 1 broom and a suction device please help. thanks, jennifer

nater
05-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Some basic instructions assuming your going to use a pole mounted vacuum head, hose, and attachement plate in the skimmer. I found these on a website...

Vacuum Instructions:
Turn on the pool pump and, if so equipped, turn the skimmer or vacuum valve open and the main drain closed.

If so equipped, leave basket in place and install the vacuum plate.

Attach the vacuum hose to the vacuum head and attach the vacuum pole to the head.

Sink the vacuum head to the bottom of the pool, then fill the vacuum hose with water by holding the open end of the hose over a return inlet until all the air is removed from the hose.

Insert the open end of the vacuum hose through the skimmer top into the suction outlet. Note: if the pool is equipped with a dedicated vacuum wall fitting, insert the open end or the hose into the fitting.

Vacuum pool slowly from shallow to deep end. Note: Do not vacuum large leaves or debris as it may clog the plumbing lines.

When vacuuming is complete, empty and replace the skimmer basket and re-open the main drain valve.

Check the filter pressure gauge and if required, back wash or clean the pool filter.

The vacuum plate is a round disk that has a gasket on one side and a coupling for the hose on the other. It fits over the skimmer basket. I take the lid of my skimmer and go through the top when I use mine.

PhantomAndy
05-18-2007, 12:11 PM
Just use caution when placing the vacuum plate over the skimmer basket. Make sure the opening that the hose connects to is NOT above the water level or you will pull air in, and have to disconnect and wait for your pump to reprime.

I say this because on my pool the plate opening is above the water level even when my water level is high.

I connect the plate to the already hose after I fill it with water from the return and it's already connected to the vacuum head and pole. I then lift the plate into the skimmer and place it.

Also - as a side note: You can leave the main drain valve opened until after you have everything connected up. That helps reduce the suction lower until you are ready to start vacuuming. Once you are ready turn off the main drain to ensure you have maximum suction.

Good luck!

kecsmom
05-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Thanks nater and PhantomAndy for your help. i did get to vacuum. thanks again. jennifer:)

hoffmans
05-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Reminds me of that thread from last year of that member who loved to vacuume her pool.....
She sits on her noodle and rides around on it like a horse.
I can't wait to do that.......
giddeup noodle!
~hoffmans