PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Tickets

ShelleyAnn
05-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Any one have Red Sox Tickets for Friday night they want to sell? My husband won an award at his company and we fly to Boston in the morning...ticket-less. This is his home town and we are afraid of scalpers. You all have helped us in so many ways I figured I'd just throw this out.

Shelley

Jeffski
05-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Afraid? Scalping tickets to a baseball game is usually easy.

ShelleyAnn
05-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Don't they charge a ton and then you find out your seat is obstructed?

Jeffski
05-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Don't buy from the professional scalpers. Try to find a family or a friendly couple that just needs to unload some at face value. That shouldn't be too hard to find, unless the Yanks are in town.

Print off a seating chart from the internet and carry it in your pocket so you know exactly where the seats are that your purchasing. If the seat has an obstructed view it should say so on the ticket so inspect it carefully before you buy it. If the seller is acting funny about you asking too many questions or inspecting the tickets then just walk away. There should be plenty to chose from.

I only go to games on scalped tickets because it's the cheapest way to get in. Look for a well dressed rich guy that has tickets to unload and doesn't want much for them. Seriously, it works. Good luck!

ivyleager
05-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Most tickets that have obstruted views have that information printed on the ticket, at least it does for hockey games down here.

Print out the seating cart for the ballpark, and use that as a guide in determining if you want to pay $50/seat from onsite scalpers. Believe it or not, most people selling a ticket or two are not out to rob you, just make an extra buck.

You can also try to get tickets off of www.craigslist.com and click on Boston. It a localized version of ebay. I've gotten Cubs tickets this way when I go home to Chicago (sweet home!).

Good luck.

CaryB