PDA

View Full Version : e-z pool???

angelo123
04-22-2006, 08:43 AM
Has anyone herd or used this new chemical called ...E-Zpool from api water???

PoolDoc
04-22-2006, 10:07 AM
Yeah.

It appears to be what used be called "ChlorFree", before the ChlorFree folks got apparently got into trouble for making false claims.

Note that they very carefully avoid making any claims that EZ Pool actually kills anything, or is a sanitizer or algicide. Their copy is written to make it sound like EZ Pool can replace chlorine as a sanitzer, but they never say that . . . because it can't!

Ben

b2001
04-22-2006, 11:21 AM
I am going to convert my pool from baquacil to chlorine - right now I'm draining enough of my pool to get my high baquacil numbers down.

The dealer is "pushing" ez pool as a supplement to chlorine so that I don't have to maintain such a high chlorine level - higher levels of chlorine will bleach my hair, bathing suits, and harden my vinyl liner according to the dealer.

Of course, ez pool is $80 a bucket in this store, so I've been suspicious. Thanks for the info, Ben.

CarlD
04-22-2006, 01:24 PM
Until the chlorine prices started streaking up in the last month, $80 could well buy you a summer's worth of bleach!

Unless you want to buy the pool store owner's kid a college education and him a Mercedes, stick to bleach!;)

aylad
04-24-2006, 08:30 AM
I am going to convert my pool from baquacil to chlorine - right now I'm draining enough of my pool to get my high baquacil numbers down.

The dealer is "pushing" ez pool as a supplement to chlorine so that I don't have to maintain such a high chlorine level - higher levels of chlorine will bleach my hair, bathing suits, and harden my vinyl liner according to the dealer.

Of course, ez pool is $80 a bucket in this store, so I've been suspicious. Thanks for the info, Ben.
You don't maintain a high level of chlorine once your conversion is complete...and you're not gonna be swimming in the stuff during the conversion anyway!! Faded suits, hardened liner, and dry, brittle hair are all in the minds of the pool store people and are weapons in their arsenal to keep people paying lots of money for stuff they don't need. I'm a liner pool owner, and I don't have faded suits, a hardened liner, OR brittle hair!!

Janet