PDA

View Full Version : brand advice & average cost for an installed generator system?

mattmcarroll
04-22-2006, 07:14 AM
Hello - It seems that people on this site primarily use AquaRite by Hayward/Goldline or the Autopilot Salt System. Does anyone have experience or thoughts on the Pentair IntelliChlor chlorine generator?

I have an approx 10,000 gal fiberglass pool that is 4 years old. The original installer of the pool sent out a flyer about the IntelliChlor which prompted me to review posts on chlorine generators on this forum, and I am intrigued by the idea....I currently use chlorine tablets in an auto feeder and liquid chlorine to shock once a week, and I'm a little fed up with trying to maintain the right FC levels.

Also - what price is an average price for an installed generator system - I'm not a do-it-yourselfer in this area. The quoted price in the flyer is $1,750 for service call, installation, plumbing and electrical. I should note that I would like to add a timer to my pump, which I currently control manually. I'm assuming that the package in the flyer doesn't include this functionality. For this price, are there other options that would include programmable pump control?

Thank you - Matt

mshumack
04-22-2006, 01:25 PM
I use the Pentair IntelliChlor. Mine is controlled through the Pentair IntelliTouch system but it can by wired directly to timer or pump switch. Buy the larger cell size (40K gallons) even if you have a smaller sized pool. The difference in price is not much. The larger size cell lets you run the chlorinator at a lower output setting which will equate to longer cell life. I paid $775.00 for the IntelliChlor (part of pentair pump package) and installed myself. Got it from www.poolspapro.com
Good luck,
Mike