PDA

View Full Version : Schematics for "Pure&Clear" SWG system???

mrmrk49
04-22-2006, 01:43 AM
Does anyone know where I can get schematics for my SWG system ?
I have a "Pure&Clear" SWG system from Clear-Tech Automation, who are out of business; Polaris bought out some portion back in 2004, but doesn't support my obsolete model.

The problem is the pump sensor logic is stuck on, so the controller thinks the pump is always on- even with sensor disconnected.

With sensor connected and pump on, I measure 100mV AC, with pump off, just a few mV (noise?), so I'm pretty sure that the sensor itself is OK.

btw, measuring DC voltages on the control board show 5.4 volts, floating versus the power board. I suspect this is high

Thanks for any help

mrmrk49
04-23-2006, 09:20 PM
How about a schematic for a Polaris "AutoClear", which looks to be nearly identical to the old "Pure&Clear"

Help
MikeK

p.p.h.
04-25-2006, 12:51 PM
I have the autoclear system. I have some paperwork but I dont know if inside this paperwork contains what you're looking for. You need some sort of picture or spec sheet? Im not a technical kind of guy, sorry.

mrmrk49
04-25-2006, 05:29 PM
p.p.h.
-
I need the electrical schematics,similar to what you could find in many appliances (washing machines, dryers, older TVs).

I've looked at manuals for SWG systems from several companies, and NONE of them include electrical schematics. It kind of p!sses me off - most appliance include the schematics, stereo and tv gear used to, don't anymore, but they are available (for a price). But the pool equipment people seem to think they have something to hide!

thnx
Mike K

p.p.h.
04-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Unfotunately I dont have any of that in my manuals. They keep that stuff secret so when they break down it prevents goodfellas like ourselves from fixing it and then we have to go out and buy a new one.

Poconos
04-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Heh Heh !!
There are two reasons companies don't provide schematics.

1 -- Legitimate proprietary issues.
2 -- They're embarassed how crummy the design really is.

Al

mrmrk49
04-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Heh Heh !!
There are two reasons companies don't provide schematics.

1 -- Legitimate proprietary issues.
2 -- They're embarassed how crummy the design really is.

Al

#1 : woflol!

#2 yep!

I've traced out a portion of the circuit that handles the pump sensor, and as far as I can tell, the design couldn't work in the first place!

p.p.h.'s answer is likely the biggest reason

MikeK