PDA

View Full Version : Complete chart for pool water chemisty?

xoroniox
04-22-2006, 12:52 AM
I was curious as to what is considered perfect pool numbers, i am going to conduct a thorough test on my water than bring in some water to a couple local pool places and compare the three just for my own research and also would like to know what the people on here consider to be good numbers or within the reasonable amount for ph,calcium,alk ect. any help would be great i looked for a chart on here and i found the cya best guess which helps but maybe a complete chart for all the variables. thanks for any help

bigini
04-22-2006, 05:51 AM
I am new at this pool stuff too and these test kits are driving me crazy. I test my pool with the kit and go to the pool place with a sample of the water and they give me totally different advice from what I surmised from my testing! I think I will leave it up to the pool chemists.

duraleigh
04-22-2006, 08:44 AM
I am new at this pool stuff too and these test kits are driving me crazy. I test my pool with the kit and go to the pool place with a sample of the water and they give me totally different advice from what I surmised from my testing! I think I will leave it up to the pool chemists.

Xoro,

Try this site: http://www.deh.enr.state.nc.us/ehs/chem.htm#ta

Bigini,

You're correct about all of us being driven crazy by such disparaging numbers but you've placed the blame incorrectly.

Trust your test kit numbers....not the pool store's!!

ljh
04-22-2006, 09:21 AM
bigini, I was a newbie two years ago and thankfully found this site cause I had never owned a pool before. Do everything Ben says, in the order he says, and you will have wonderful water. My neighbor's pool is literallly twenty feet away from mine and she opens to green slime in the spring and I have crystal clear blue! Get Bens kit and use the directions on this forum and you won't go wrong.

xoroniox
04-22-2006, 11:44 AM
Xoro,

Try this site: http://www.deh.enr.state.nc.us/ehs/chem.htm#ta

Bigini,

You're correct about all of us being driven crazy by such disparaging numbers but you've placed the blame incorrectly.

Trust your test kit numbers....not the pool store's!!

Wow that site answered every question i had, thanks alot for the website! have a great day to all .. im a happy guy for right now lol :)