PDA

View Full Version : New season blues

thewalk
04-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Took the cover off my 24ft AG pool yesterday. Already lots of algee in pool. Sides and bottom are covered. Filled pool up to skimmer, vacumed what I could see to waste. Water is now dark green, no chemicals in water yet. What's my next move?

JohnT
04-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Chlorine to 15ppm and keep it there. Recheck and add 3 or more times a day. Filter 24/7. Backwash as needed.

scottturner
04-30-2007, 03:45 PM
I have even gotten the chlorine higher, 30ppm, crazy I know but it really gets the pool going at the start. I don't worry about stabalizing at first so the chlorine usually bleeds down to a safe level by the time everything else is ready to go (water, heat, etc).

JohnT
04-30-2007, 03:49 PM
I have even gotten the chlorine higher, 30ppm, crazy I know but it really gets the pool going at the start. I don't worry about stabalizing at first so the chlorine usually bleeds down to a safe level by the time everything else is ready to go (water, heat, etc).

I guess that's fine if you don't like your liner :eek:

scottturner
04-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Yea that is true. I forgot to mention that I have a gunite. I was applying it to my situation and didn't mention my situation. Thanks for pointing that out.:o