PDA

View Full Version : What to Expect

iwannapool
04-24-2007, 09:03 AM
So my pool chemistry is perfect and I notice a big summer storm approaching with lots of rain and wind headed my way. So what will start to happen to my water after the big down burst passes?

JohnT
04-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Dirt will get blown in by the wind and you may get a little extra water. Mostly what happens is you stay inside and don't take care of it, so it gets a little ahead of you.

iwannapool
04-24-2007, 09:21 AM
So a sudden in flux of cold water, rain, won't throw my numbers out of whack?

CarlD
04-24-2007, 09:45 AM
So a sudden in flux of cold water, rain, won't throw my numbers out of whack?

Who knows? Most likely, pH will drop, especially if your area has slightly acid rain. Cold water will only throw your temperature out of whack.

You may see some dilution if you have to drain off water. This can lower CYA, T/A, Calcium, and, of course, Chlorine.

Rain happens. Its debris that's more the problem.

NWMNMom
04-24-2007, 09:53 AM
If you know its coming, keep that cover or solar blanket on to help avoid the tree and other debris that pollutes the pool. That is the biggest problem weather events bring (other than the obvious wind or tornado damage, etc.) The rest is just minor chemical adjustments.

bcb1
05-04-2007, 08:35 PM
What will happen? Nothing, unless you have a lot of huge trees with branches over your pool - you might get debris wind-blown into it. After a huge rain, it'll raise the water level a bit.