PDA

View Full Version : pool almost full....as expected bad numbers

induce
04-22-2007, 10:55 AM
please forgive mult posts on this topic, but i'm a little edgy on bad (well) water and new pool.
almost to the skimmer (soon to be skimmer, not yet cut out......maybe today)
pump and filter prob up tomorrow.
22k ig vl
ph 7.1
TA 450
CH 380-400
CL 1.0 (added bleach last night)
CYA none yet added

been areating fill water........but numbers are holding. pumps should be running tomorrow. should i go ahead and add acid today? i can stir it up.
what pH should i shoot for? isn't 7.1 low enough for CO2 to start releasing......?
starting second areator (sump pump with hose back into pool)

Jack's purple stuff on deck.......

JohnT
04-22-2007, 09:29 PM
should i go ahead and add acid today? i can stir it up.
what pH should i shoot for? isn't 7.1 low enough for CO2 to start releasing......?

No. Your pH is already low and muriatic just sits on the bottom without circulation.

induce
04-25-2007, 09:16 PM
up and running!!
pumps been on high 3 days 24/7. polaris fountain on for 3 days also.
Mult acid adds, bleach, working in CYA, jack's purple stuff in, poly 60 in, water's very clear now.

today:
pH 7.6
cl 0
cya 20 maybe
ta 350
ch 250

More acid, bleach tonight, more CYA in a sock in the skimmer (thanks for the tip), continue to run fountain.
much, much better than i thought.

Watermom
04-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Until your cya begins to dissolve and you begin to get a reading, it is a good idea to test chlorine morning and evening and add bleach both times. You don't want a new fill to turn green! (You may already be dosing twice a day, but I just couldn't tell from your post.)

induce
04-26-2007, 09:10 PM
got to 4ppm CL last night.
this afternoon.......0, oddly enough a bit of CC
CYA is 40 this afternoon, so i am going to quit adding it.
Can i shock tonight? 7-10 ppm to raise levels and decrease CC?

Watermom
04-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Yes, quit adding cya. It may still increase past 40, so don't add anymore. You can go ahead and shock.