PDA

View Full Version : Took cover off this morning....

cleancloths
04-20-2007, 02:28 PM
The good news is the water is crystal clear :)

The bad news is the water is 44 degrees :(

Watermom
04-20-2007, 05:00 PM
That is some bad news! My water temp was up to 70 a few weeks ago. Then we had an unusual cold snap for about a week and my water temp dropped to 56! I haven't hooked up my solar mats yet because I wanted to make sure we got past all chances of a night with below freezing temps. Hopefully in a couple of days we'll hook it up and then the pool will quickly heat up. Of course, we'll also throw on the solar blanket so we won't lose at night the heat we have gained during the day. Getting eager to get in the water and not just sit on the swing on the pool deck and look at it!

cleancloths
04-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Well you are a little further south than me (Northern NJ). When I woke up this morning the air temp was 34 degrees, but it got up to about 74 today. Its 5:30pm now and the pool is up to 50 degrees! That is pretty good (six degree rise) running the 80,000 BTU/Hr heatpump. Hopefully we will get it up another 5-10 degrees tomorrow.

NWMNMom
04-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Can't wait for those nights to stay above freezing! I'm guessing all that ice will go for sure in a day then

traceyb
04-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Clean clothes....I hope that mine is crystal clear too. I just finished the landscaping around the pool yesterday. Trying to keep my self occupied so I don't rip the cover off too soon. How soon is too soon though? Maybe I'll get er done today. I'm just waiting on a bit of warmer weather....but why?

cleancloths
04-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Hard question to answer. The earlier you open the less chance of stuff growing, but then you have to maintain it before you might be ready to swim. This is the latest I have opened mine in years, but the weather has been bad. Last year I opened it April-1 !! I typically open it the second or third week in April as when my son was younger he always wanted a pool party for his birthday on May 4.

cleancloths
04-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Well its Sunday at 5pm and the water is up to 63 degrees! That is quite impressive in my mind going from 44 on Friday at about 2pm to now. The heat pump has only run from 2pm to 8pm friday, 9am to 8pm saturday and 9am till now (5pm) today. That's a 19 degree rise for a 20 by 40 IG pool in less than 24 hours of operation. Its amazing how much heat you can extract from the air once the air temp gets about 75-80 degrees.

I was listening to several people last night complaining how much it is going to cost them to heat with their gas heaters. :)