PDA

View Full Version : Aquabot Pool Rover?????

IMherDad
04-21-2006, 03:49 PM
Does anyone use an automatic cleaner from Aquabot Pool Rover or Pool Rover Jr for their Above Ground Pool??

Just curious because we are considering purchasing one this year. Last year we tried the Roboclean and it worked great for about two weeks and then it quit working. Got another one from the dealer and it quit within a week so we just gave up and waited until this year.

They aren't cheap but I would not mind paying for it to keep me from vacumming so much plus not having to replace the water that I would loose.

IMherDad
04-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Bueller .....Bueller .... Bueller ..... Bueller ..... anyone????

DavidD
04-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Uh, I guess not?

hrsdennis
04-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Hi, I have used the Ladybug and the Barracuda, both by Hayward. I had great results with both. I think my favorite is the Ladybug. Very effective and liner friendly. Inexpensive also.

Dennis

huskerfan
04-27-2006, 03:08 AM
I used an Aquabot Pool Rover last summer for a couple months. I did like it, but sold it and upgraded to a Pool Rover Plus with the water jets as I tend to get light sand in my pool and I think it'll pick it up better. I do also have a cordless compact Pool vac, mind went blank on the brand... getting old... that I use for quick touchups instead of running the bot for just a little debris. Haven't opened yet this year- will be in a couple days hopefully. We just had another frost here in Nebraska. Can let you know in a few days how I like the Plus Rover!

Only thing I don't like is washing out the fine/silt bag as it's fuzzy inside to catch the small particles, and it's hard to clean. Small price to pay...

gwrace1
04-27-2006, 12:35 PM
I use a pool rover and it does a great job of picking up sticks and leaves. I have not had to manually vac the pool bottom since I purchased this. Drop it in and two house later the pool is clean. The only pain is washing out the 2 micron filter bag.

gdaryll
04-28-2006, 10:34 PM
I've used Aquabot turbo for an inground pool for about 7 years,best money I've ever spent on my pool

Jackalope
05-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Speaking of that Pool Rover, does anyone know how it does with an AG pool with a deep end? I ask because I tried a Robo-kleen for a while and it'd high-center every time it hit the transition. :(

tphaggerty
05-04-2006, 06:16 PM
I just ordered the plus for an IG 20x40 with deep end. Will let you know how it works when I get it.

Aranon
05-04-2006, 11:04 PM
Don't know a thing about this company,

http://www.aquaqualitypools.com/automatic_pool_cleaners.htm#Pool%20Rover

but this is the lowest price I have found on the internet for a Pool Rover. $309.
Aranon

Jackalope
05-04-2006, 11:34 PM
I just ordered the plus for an IG 20x40 with deep end. Will let you know how it works when I get it.

Thanks very much, I'd love to hear about it and I hope it works well for you. :)

leejp
05-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Check out my review of the Pool Rover Plus in this thread...

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=247

I LOVE my Pool Rover Plus... some folks with unusual pool shapes have had problems getting consistent K-turns but for me it's the perfect cleaner.

IMherDad
05-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Well we got our Pool Rover in yesterday and I went ahead and put it in the pool. We've been having rain just about every day so the bottom was showing some dirt and a few leaves.

After just two hours it looked great! I am always amazed at just how much these things can pick up. The bag was very nasty and ended up going into the washing machine to help clean it up. The pool looks great and I am sure it will need it again before the weekend is up.

The one thing I wasn't too crazy about was the cord getting twisted. The RoboKleen had some floaties attached to the cord and it never got twisted. That is about the only change I think they should make on this unit.

Yippe no more vacuuming for a long time. Now if it would just quit raining!!!

barry

JohnnySixString
07-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Don't know a thing about this company,

http://www.aquaqualitypools.com/automatic_pool_cleaners.htm#Pool%20Rover

but this is the lowest price I have found on the internet for a Pool Rover. $309.
Aranon

Was looking into buying one of these and checked out the Aquabot/AquaProducts website and found this link on the main page warning about buying from that store.

http://www.aquaproducts.com/apsite/authorized_caution.htm

Apparently they filed a lawsuit against them too.

Pool_Mike
07-10-2006, 11:45 PM
Was looking into buying one of these and checked out the Aquabot/AquaProducts website and found this link on the main page warning about buying from that store.

http://www.aquaproducts.com/apsite/authorized_caution.htm

Apparently they filed a lawsuit against them too.

Yep, I called aquaqualitypools.com and they said they were not a dealer, but there distributor is. They also as for warrenty claim that they will handel it w/ there distributor and take care of the rover if it was broken. Basically aquaqualitypools.com is a middle man. They been in business for over 20 years plus, so the assure they will take care of you if you were to get a rover. I might plundge and get one if my Polaris 150 is not doing so well