PDA

View Full Version : May need to Replace IG liner - Need advice about where to purchase a good one?

4KidsSwim
04-02-2007, 05:23 PM
We have an Imperial Pools series 900 IG vinyl lined pool. It is 18 x 34 w/ steps, 24K gal. It is has a level shallow end, and side walls that are perpendicular for about 4 feet, then the bottom and sides all slope down to a level rectangle in the deep end. The liner is at least 10 years old - we've been in the house for 5 years. We will have to DIY this project, as we live 3 hours from the nearest pool dealers.

This fall we had leakage that we couldn't detect. We did the best we could and closed it for the winter, knowing that the freezing and snow buildup would keep the pool fairly well filled. We just pulled the cover off this spring and found several horizontal splits (about 4) along what appears to be a bracket in the pool wall. (This is a steel sided frame pool).

We could patch it up as good as we can and see how long it lasts, but the liner has always been faded and is shrunken in the step section at the corners. I think its just a matter of time before we have damage beyond repair. If we can find a good quality replacement liner for under $2000, we'd probably go that route.

We contacted the maker of the pool, who gave us a "local" dealer. They quoted $3500 - 4500 for our pool. GULP! I can't believe that is the best we can do, but I also don't want to end up with a "cheap" pool liner either.

Any suggestions for companies you have had good experience with? Thanks!

tonyl
04-02-2007, 05:31 PM
I replaced mine last year DIY and ordered from WaterWarehouse.com but we also looked real hard at intheswim.com. I'm very very pleased with the way the liner fit and the quality is as good as the original, if not better. I have a volleyball style sport pool and they were very helpful with a couple questions relative to measurement.

Hope this helps, Tony