PDA

View Full Version : Best Heat Pump on the Markert now?

Aranon
03-31-2007, 04:33 PM
AquaCal, Jandy, Hayward,Heat Siphon... etc. All say they have the best warranty, the best heat exchanger, etc. But which one is the best, or best two?

Does anyone know. I am looking for the most efficent, longest lasting heat pump with digital dual controls, to run a hot tup and a pool. But I want it to be quite. Sometimes the condenser fan makes more noise than the scroll compressor. Who makes the best. Please advise. I'm sure I am not the only one who wants to buy one. Any suggestions?
Aranon

farmgirl
03-31-2007, 09:28 PM
email marc at poolheatpumps.com. he is the greatest, and will be honest with you and help you make the best choice. he has helped me alot!

Aranon
04-04-2007, 07:38 AM
Thanks Farmgirl

I called Marc and he suggested the Heat Siphon, the Rheem, and the Jandy. After weighing the pros and cons of both, I ended going up with the Jandy. I would have gotten the Heat Siphon if it came in a higher BTU output, but it was too small for my pool, but it was the most efficient of any pump out there.

farmgirl
04-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Oh Goody! I know you will be happy with it. Marc is a great guy, and I just ordered a heat siphon from him last week, and am now eagerly anticipating delivery! I cannot say enough great about his company. Nice, helpful knowledgable staff, great prices and comminication, and NO, i am NOT affiliated with them, just a happy customer wanting to share resources. I can't wait to swim in 75 degree water when it is 55 outside! THey are predicting a cold snap here over the weekend, and if i have my heat pump by then, will be swimming my little heart out! Congratulations on your new addition!!!!

Aranon
04-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Hooked up the Jandy Wed. night and turned it on about 11:00. Water was 52 degrees. My pool is above ground and is 18'x40' x 4'2" high water. The next morning the temp. was 60 degrees. We have had a cold spell and storm this weekend and the low was 39 degrees. My pool yesterday (Saturday) was 86 degrees. Steam was coming off the water and we were in the pool loving it except when we had to get out when natured called. Man was it cold when we got out, but oh so warm when we got back in. The low was again 39 last night and right now it's 50 degrees outside and my pool is 86 degrees. Of course I put the cover on last night. Got to get a reel cuz its a pain to put on and off. I love my heat pump.

Thanks for all the help.

farmgirl
04-20-2007, 02:32 PM
I am so glad to hear it is working so well for you! Our heat siphon is doing a great job too. I am holding my breath to see what it does to our electric bill, but it is doing a great job! I am getting to swim laps every night after work, and LOVING it! Hurray for heat pumps~! :D