PDA

View Full Version : replace some of the water in fiberglass

Seadog
04-21-2006, 09:27 AM
I have a fiberglass pool in an area with a very high water table and I need to replace some of the water.

Is the best way to replace it to just drain from the deep end and refill at the same time in the shallow end ?

mbar
04-21-2006, 10:24 AM
When I drain some water from my fiberglass pool, I take it below the skimmer, draining from the vacuum connected to the hose (like you are vacuuming) keeping the head on the bottom of the deep end and the filter on drain. I then fill the pool back up to level (you can keep the hose filling while draining) but I don't take it much lower than the skimmer - you have to keep your eye on it because it will drain very quickly. I repeat as often as needed to replace the amount of fresh water needed. Why do you have to replace water?

Seadog
04-21-2006, 02:38 PM
they said my tds was to high 3500 should be 1500 or lower

mwsmith2
04-21-2006, 02:46 PM
If you don't have a problem with your water, you can ignore TDS.

Seadog
04-21-2006, 04:07 PM
yeah, could not get any free chlorine to show up. tons of total chlorine. but the water was clear :D

mbar
04-21-2006, 06:01 PM
What were your test numbers, as in CL, CC, Alk, Ph, Cal, and most important CYA?
You may have had the beginnings of an algae bloom, that's why you couldn't hold chlorine. You can't hold chlorine if the chlorine is fighting something.