PDA

View Full Version : hurry...

GraceByDesign
03-25-2007, 05:59 PM
I really wish the folks in my neighborhood with pools would get them uncovered, cleaned up, and running... since I have to enjoy my pool vicariously through them for another summer, I wish they'd get on with it already! :rolleyes:

Poconos
03-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Gee...Watermom goes home to Charleston, WV and finds the water 67 deg. I still have ice in mine in Northeast PA. 8" to be exact.
Al

GraceByDesign
03-25-2007, 09:08 PM
OK, Al, perhaps you need to wait! :D

It has been lovely here, 70's, and I'm just tired of looking at the covered pools... time to see some blue, even if the water is frigid! (I don't think pools in my area freeze solid, as our temps do not stay below freezing for long periods.)

Can we imagine how impatient I will be when I get my OWN pool?? :rolleyes:

farmgirl
04-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Grace: If you want a pool that badly, it is torture not to have one. I did without one, and wanted one for 37 years before i actually bought my above ground pool. I wish i had done it sooner.... It has been wonderful!!!! I do not mean to get too personal here, but what is holding you back? Are you saving up money for one? If so, you can get one for about $2000.00 for the whole package! Installation costs too, but we installed our own. I realize this might be "prohibitive" for you due to circumstances, etc. I financed my pool (a little over three grand by the time i upgraded and bought all the "extras".) And i had it paid for in less than 6 months. We have built the deck, bought deck furniture, umbrella, vacuum, etc., little by little as we had the money to spare. We do NOT have tons of money, and have horses, dogs, cats,. etc. to feed and care for as well. I still do not know how i paid that pool bill so soon, but where there is a will, there is always a way! I hope you get the pool of your dreams soon! :D

sevver
04-06-2007, 02:16 PM
I want an inground pool...:(

farmgirl
04-06-2007, 09:03 PM
me too....plan to build one "someday", and want a sunroom with a swimspa too. hope i win the lottery...lol!

CarlD
04-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Grace, you STILL don't have a pool? Whatcha waitin' for???????

We actually had an Intex 15' donut for 3 years...If you just want to float in a lounge chair with a cool drink, it's just as nice a the big pool we have now--and not at all expensive. My size has gone from $500-$600, down to around $200.

There are some GREAT A/G alternatives that give you all or most of the features of an I/G with far less hassle. The two top-end rectangular pools are Splashpools and FantaSea. Besides, A/Gs have MAJOR tax advantages over IGs.

If you can manage your own dig and planning there are IG kits that run around $7000.

GraceByDesign
04-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Grace, you STILL don't have a pool? Whatcha waitin' for???????

$$$$$$$$$$$... :(

Mortgage payment went WAAAAAYYYY up due to a miscommunication about property tax and our escrow account. Suffice it to say that there is no dough, not even for a donut!! Our yard would require leveling, and is about 1/2" of clay atop slabs of rock. Probably not a job we can handle ourselves, at least not cheaply.

So I will patiently wait. We have a couple of community pools in the area, if I can bring myself to get in them... I know way too much about pool chemistry to blindly get into a public pool! :eek:

farmgirl
04-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Well Grace....i'd be happy to share mine with you. come on over and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I hope you get your dream pool soon. I know you will be more than ready when the time comes...you have a lot of knowledge.

NWMNMom
04-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Carl, we have FEET of ice yet. It has been unseasonably cold here for almost 2 weeks. Ugh! I can't wait for mine to thaw even though I know it means work! I'd rather work at cleaning a pool than stand around looking at a frozen pool with a pout on my face. Well, I can be busy planning the deck and shopping for drop in steps!!

matt4x4
04-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Mine had thawed a few weeks ago, relatively eventless winter, dumped in some bleach just in case, but water looks clear, wanted to hook everything up over easter, but then we got this (not surprised) typical April snow/cold front, so everything's in a corner of the garage waiting to get hooked up so I can start to collect all the rain runoff from my roof and direct it into the pool to get this thing filled, circulating and swimmable!
I do have to replace one hose to my solar panels since my neighbour's dog and mine decided to play tug of war with it mid winter and the dogs won.

Phillbo
04-09-2007, 06:02 PM
I was doing yard work over the weekend and the pool looked inviting, so I dove in..... then got right back out :eek:

soon it will be swimable :D

CanuckPool
04-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Hang in there grace... hopefully you have a plan. It actually snowed here and its April!!! Still looking at a black cover with spots of algae and dead worms, at least the hot tub is still going strong!