PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Test Kit (if I can't get PoolSolutions

CelticDaddio
03-22-2007, 01:16 PM
I went to the page on PoolSolutions.com to order a test kit.... It says orders are not being accepted right now... so.... If I need a good test kit now, say tonight or the next few days, what should I buy?

Ed

steveinaz
03-22-2007, 01:21 PM
I went to Leslie Pool and bought the Taylor FAS-DPD service kit.

waterbear
03-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Taylor Technologies K-2006. It is functionally the same. If you want the exact same pH and OTO tests add a Taylor K-1000 OTO/pH kit. If you want to test salt also add a Taylor K-1766 or K-1771 (or get a bottle of AquaChek white salt test strips...This is one of the two test strips I would ever suggest and I have satisfied myself that they are accurate and precise enough. I have repeatedly checked them against the Taylor salt test--they use the same argentometric chemistries-- and against both Goldline and LaMotte Tracer salt meters, both properly calibrated, and they have always been spot on!)

Hope this helps!

EDIT: In case you are interested, the other test strip I would ever suggest using is the AquaChek borate test strip if you are running 30-50 ppm borates in your water. They are not the most precise and are a bit hard to read but they are the only cost effective borate test that I have been able to find generally available. Since the level of borates is not super critical these strips certainly seem to be fuctional from my experiences with them.

CarlD
03-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Leslie's own FAS-DPD Service Test Kit is pretty much the same--it too is made by Taylor--just the box is Leslies!