PDA

View Full Version : possible tip for covers for our "pop-up" pool owners

darenjones
03-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Most of our pools came with a "cover" that one person, or two can put on the pool. Mine is 18 feet, and not easy to do bymyself.
I then watched it sink to the bottom, since I forgot to turn off the pump when we closed it, and fished it out of the middle of the pool, to try again. This lasted until we had some bad weather around Christmas time, and again, fished it out. Tried the whole inner tube, floaties, etc to keep it up, nothing really worked. Yesterday, a light bulb hit me. What about packing bubbles, like the rolls, and sheets we see ? (the little little bubbles, not the big ones.)
I looked around at a few prices, it isn't that expensive, especially compared to some of these other covers out there, plus we are able to use our 'vinyl' covers, for at least a couple of seasons!

just figuring out how to implement this. I figured that I have 253 sq feet to work with, and I figure about 52 sq feet wouldn't be needed, (subtracting about 1 foot from the edge) so only about 200 sq feet - in my case -
question, how to properly adhere it to the underside of the cover - something that wouldn't leach chemical into the pool, degrade *too severely anyway* in heat... I had thought of contact cement, the type you can spray, used in upholstery... looking for ideas though, open to suggestions!

darenjones
03-24-2007, 03:55 PM
maybe this was stupid, which explains the lack of response

GraceByDesign
03-24-2007, 05:30 PM
not stupid...

Ever thought about a solar cover? They are basically giant sheets of bubble wrap that are safe for the pool.