PDA

View Full Version : FC level for new replaster?

JJParrish
03-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Hi, Our new replaster is almost three weeks old. PB is adjusting all chems EXCEPT the chlorine, since we are BBB people. As WASTE said, we are lucky that they did not hassle us about it. Anyway, the CYA is 35 and we need to start adding chlorine (Tundra, 6%). Water temp today is 55. PB said to maintain about 2ppm FC; however, based on Ben's Best Guess CYA/FC chart, we should be at 3ppm FC to be algae free. Based on the new plaster vs. algae, what should we do? 2 or 3 ppm?:confused: Thanks in advance. love this site. Joyce

steveinaz
03-19-2007, 04:11 PM
At 55 degrees you probably don't have anything to worry about. My PB had me running 5ppm chlorine from day 1. It's YOUR pool for the long run, do what you are comfortable with. My PB wanted me to add all kinds of crap that I knew I didn't need, I poured it down the sink..LOL. I'm doing BBB as well until our SWCG is fired up.

Watermom
03-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Don't be too sure that algae won't grow at 55 degrees. Both Al (Poconos) and I had very slight algae when our water temp was below 50 last year. If it were my pool, I'd bump the chlorine up a bit and keep it between 3-6ppm.

JJParrish
03-19-2007, 04:51 PM
:) Thanks Watermom! The FC will be bumped to 3 right now! btw, the water temp last week before our chilly week-end was 62 !We were lucky! Thanks again. Joyce