PDA

View Full Version : Intex Frame Pool

DreamGaz
04-20-2006, 02:23 PM
I'm looking into a 16' (48"deep) Intex frame pool. Has anyone had any experience with this type of pool? I know it must be level, but I'm wondering how well the included filter system works or what I will need to upgrade to.
Thanks,
Carrie

Karen_in_TN
04-20-2006, 03:59 PM
We had the 18' frame pool two years ago and loved it. You shouldn't have any problems with the filter system that comes with the pool as long as you stay on top of your water.

Tootie
04-21-2006, 11:18 AM
I agree with Karen,if you stay on top of you're Water,you should not have any problems with the pump and filter.We are getting ready to start our 3 year with the 18x48 Donut from Intex,and never had a problem with it..

Margit

Kimrst
04-21-2006, 07:58 PM
We loved ours last year. Buy extra filters at the begining of the season.(By mid summer they can be scarse.) I rinsed mine every few days and replaced about bi weekly or so. Don't use the floating clorine puck things or you will get too much stabilizer in your pool. You need a GFI outlet to plug in the filter. We bought a timer and ran the filter off that.

I can't wait for the Michigan weather to warm up so we can get ours out of the closet and set up. I'm looking forward to splashing and sipping. :-) Kim

CarlD
04-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Just remember that these are the Neons and Pintos of A/G pools--they have few frills, and cannot be expected to have an unlimited lifespan. You'll get a few years out of them, then will need to decide if you want another, a fancier AG or an IG.

With that caveat, enjoy! If you take care of your water, it's just as wet and refreshing as the fanciest IG pool!