PDA

View Full Version : AG pools and zoysia grass??

Trimom
02-25-2007, 10:24 PM
My lawn is in terrible shape! When they build our house a truck came out and sprayed the dirt with what I am convinced was weed seed. So anyway we need to do something about the grass. I am interested in zoysia grass, and love the idea of it, but I am concerned about the pool. Has anyone sucessfully used zoysia near an AG? I do have a 2 1/2 ft. boarder with mulch between the lawn and the pool.

TIA!

nater
02-26-2007, 08:25 AM
What is your specific concern? Shade? Chlorine water dripping?

I've got Zoysia around my IG, with absolutely no problems (except for clippings in the pool when I mow ;))

joliecharlie
02-26-2007, 08:35 PM
We have zoysia grass and I love it BUT it is very invasive grass. It runs above the ground and below. It has to be dug from flower beds, roundup or similar weed/grass killers will only kill what they touch so the runners under soil have to be dug out. It is alot of work but feels so good under bare feet.
We have inground pool, so I don't know if the invasive nature will be a problem or not.

hrsdennis
02-28-2007, 11:12 PM
I would think your 2.5 ft border would be just fine. I always suggest to my customers that they put plactic down as an extra protection, before the landscaping. A 2' to 3' border with plastic should protect the pool from just about any kind of grass.

Dennis