PDA

View Full Version : My pool looks like it will collase

jackiesmom
02-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Hi
I have a 24' round above ground pool. It is February in NH and our pool liner is so weighed down and the inflatable pillow has collapsed.

It looks like the water level is below half and the cover is almost all the way in the pool. Some of the sides look indented.

Do we add water or just undo the cover at this point, I think it is so heavy it causing too much stress on the walls.

Thanks for your help

aylad
02-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Hi
I have a 24' round above ground pool. It is February in NH and our pool liner is so weighed down and the inflatable pillow has collapsed.

It looks like the water level is below half and the cover is almost all the way in the pool. Some of the sides look indented.

Do we add water or just undo the cover at this point, I think it is so heavy it causing too much stress on the walls.

Thanks for your help

Whether you add water or undo the cover, you need to do one or the other soon to relieve the inward pressure on the walls before it ruins your pool. I personally would just take the cover off. Debris in the water is a lot easier to deal with than ice damage.
Janet

jackiesmom
02-25-2007, 12:37 PM
OK so we took the cover off - the pool is only a quarter full and frozen solid.

We have the hose in it now to add some water and we will deal with getting the cover out in the spring, it is too heavy to ge out now.

Do you think this is OK? Is adding water now going to do more damage?

thanks again