PDA

View Full Version : motor replacing

Mojo1
02-05-2007, 01:48 PM
When we moved into our house in August, I had a pool guy come out and school me on the operation of the pool,heater,spa and the equipment. The equipment has 3 motors, 1 each for pump, waterfall and the vacuum. The vacuum pump has since gone out and the guy told me to be very careful if I changed the motor because of the seals , my question is how hard is it? I don't see much problem but have wondered if I should have some one change it ,seems pretty simple to me?
Thanks,

waste
02-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Mojo, the changeout is pretty straightforward and simple ( see 6185). as long as you have the wrenches required, * and the knowledge of how to use them. I would recomend getting a new 'shaft seal assembly' and 'pump housing gasket' before doing it (either of these two can or will fail after doing the motor replacement and it's just a good idea to 'start new' with a new motor - and failure of the shaft seal may have caused the original problem) If you need any help with this, please ask me, the ones I do the majority of are Hayward pumps, but they all go together the same way. If you can find the replacement motor and parts on-line, you'll probably save $, but if you buy from the poolstore and do it yourself, you'll still save $. I've done ?# of hundred motor/ seal replacements, should you find you need a little help doing it, just ask and I and the other folks here will 'walk you through it' :)

Mojo1
02-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Thanks for your help , I do not mind trying this myself and seems simple enough , the pool guy just had me worried when he mentioned the seal! :D