PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to pump the water off my pool - Ontario

Chad-WL
01-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Hey all,

This was the first time closing my pool, I pumped everything down, blew the lines and filled the lines with 6 or 7 liters of antifreeze.

With an unusualy warm winter here in Ontario,and lots of rain instead of ice and snow my pool now has enough water on the snap in bowl liner to almost be at the swim level.

I'm wondering if I should pump a large portion of the water off before it freezes, or do I just leave it..

If my cover leaks it may raise the level inside the pool, and then what if one of my plugs leak? am I going to have broken lines?

What are your thoughts?

Chad

Poconos
01-09-2007, 07:07 AM
Probably a lot of people in this same situation. I've got to drop mine a couple inches today because of the rain but I'm not worried about my lines as I know they are purged and plugged and the short skimmer line filled with antifreeze. I'd go ahead and drop the level. Sounds like you want to pump off the cover and if that's the case I'd definitely do it.
Al

Chad-WL
01-09-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm thinking I'm going to drop both water levels below the lowest drain again, pull my drain plugs, and then double check that there is no water that leaked in there.

I didn't use any additional teflon tape, now I'm wondering if they're all sealed or not.

I thought that the cover was water tight and that the level would stay below the jets, but it's full..

cschnurr
01-31-2007, 12:52 PM
I live in Ontario, I have a cover that allows the water to pass right through, so every year I expect the water to be higher than the jets.

It's been very cold this past week with snow. I know I would have an awful hard time removing the cover, draining the water, and re-plugging the drains due to snow and cold.

I know I would not be able to do as good of job plugging the lines in these circumstances than in the relative warmth of the fall so I wouldn't bother.