PDA

View Full Version : Jandy Equipment

Laguna Joe
04-19-2006, 07:27 PM
I selected a premiere pool builder in Houston for my 29,000 gallon IG pool installation. Great references, very satisfied customers, and the pool tour allowed us to see pools installed from 6 years ago to new completions.

The contract did not specify equipment brands, just general specifications. The equipment delivered and installed follows:

Jandy CL580 DE Filter
Jandy LX400N-L 400 BTU Gas Heater
Jandy AquaPure 1400 / Aqualink RS with PDA (I requested a salt water system)
Jandy NeverLube Valves
Jandy JHPU2.0 Pump
Jandy JHPU2.5 Pump

As you can see, this builder used Jandy straight down the line. I had indicated I wanted a first class pool with budget being a secondary consideration.

My question is, do most builders (especially premiere builders) normally show this kind of product loyalty, as opposed to supplying the best equipment possible?

I'm not sure if the builder installed this equipment because he believes it's best or because he has a better relationship with Jandy.

PoolDesignnet
04-19-2006, 09:05 PM
First I must say that there is nothing wrong with Jandy equipment. I prefer other brand pumps , but that's neither here nor there.

The reason you got all Jandy equipment is because the builder was offered special pricing and extended warranty from the manufacturer if he used all Jandy equipment.

I happen to spec Jandy valves, controllers and heaters in most cases. Good product...

Waterworks
04-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Most builders are loyal to a single line of equipment. Equipment from the 4 major manufacturers (Jandy, Hayward, Pentair, Sta Rite) are all fairly similar in quality.

From a pump perspective, Jandy makes a pump that competes with the other companies' high end pumps (IE: Hayward Northstar, Pentair Whisperflo).

Cartridge filters are fairly similar from one to the next (my opinion).

I dont know anything about Gas Heaters, but Jandy's Heat Pump line is as good as it gets (similar to AquaCal)

I would say that Jandy Controls are the best, but some will argue for the Pentair IntelliTouch.

The Chlorine Generators (Hayward Aquarite, Jandy Aquapure and Pentair IntelliChlor) are all relatively similar. In my mind, Autopilot makes the best unit.

Jandy Valves are very good.

Also, Jandy probably offers the builder some very nice incentives to sell their product. But again, if you use Jandy for your whole equipment set, you will probably get some kind of extended warranty.

Brad
Waterworks Pools