PDA

View Full Version : The elusive pink foam sheets

Cal_Newbie
10-25-2006, 03:44 PM
OK... given that Owens Corning is by no means a small corporation, or having a poor distribution system........I have spent my entire morning trying in vain to find this product. Home Depot & 5 other building supply facilities...all have something different and deny knowledge of such product. Anyone buying from a nation wide chain or can throw a clue this direction? Is this the correct product "FOAMULARŪ rigid foam insulation" or "Owens Corning - Insulation - ProPinkŪ Sheathing" There is apparently several different versions of this elusive pink board. If I can get the specific name then I can order it.

I do have a question about foam: given that sand will "give" and aid in reducing wrinkles in the liner, does the foam cause a problem or will it "give."

Bob-

sevver
10-25-2006, 07:27 PM
The foam will dent. I used a sponge rubber type foam under my pool.

Cal_Newbie
10-25-2006, 10:25 PM
can you expand further on this?

Bob-

sevver
10-26-2006, 07:34 AM
The stuff I got is like the Happy Bottom, but it is about an inch thick, where the happy bottom is only a quarter inch thick. I honestly cannot find it on the net, I don't remember the name of it. I also got the foam coving, not the ones that clip into the rails on the bottom, mine had peel and stick on the back.

Cal_Newbie
10-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Had my friends order some of the board; found a identical product with a crush value of 42 psi. Price was!!!!:eek: $37.00 per 4x8 sheet, contractors price!!!!

Bob-