PDA

View Full Version : cover on above ground pool

tara15
10-18-2006, 04:46 PM
I have a 15x24 ag pool. I just put the cover on with a 4x15 pillow. How often do you pump out the water that accumulates on top of the pool cover? we just had a huge rain storm and there are some puddles. should I wait a little while or pump it out?

waste
10-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Tara, different folks do different things to their pools, most are equally valid and workable.
I suggest keeping the water on the cover < 2" (an inch or so of water will help keep the cover from blowing off, but too much water puts stress on the cover and walls). If possible, clean the leaves, etc once a week (the reason for this is to prevent a huge problem if the cover tears or falls in). At some point, pumping will no longer be an option - ice is hard to pump :D - just before the water on the cover freezes, I'd pump it down as much as your pump will allow to allow for the snow , etc that will collect the rest of the winter.
Not owning a pool, nor caring for one in the winter - I'm sure some of the other nice folks here, who deal with an AG pool every winter can supplement this post.