PDA

View Full Version : Timer and 2 Speed motor and Polaris Booster?

webfeet
09-27-2006, 07:31 PM
I found a thread about this, so I will edit this post. I read that a Polaris 380 Booster pump can be operated with a 2 speed motor on low speed. Given that a timer can be used on the Polaris, can I use a seperate timer on the pool pump, as well? I would like to run the pool pump on low speed long enough to turn the water over once each day. If I can do this, without running the pump 24/7, I would like the pool pump on a timer. Of course the timer on the booster would be set to come on only when the pump is operating. Also, would it burn up the booster pump if the Polaris came on while the pool pump was not running?

MarkC
09-29-2006, 11:44 AM
That is the setup I use. Two timers one for the pool pump and one for the booster. On the timer that handles the booster add an extra off tripper on the dial for a half hour before the main pump shuts off. That way if you are running the booster after its normal run time at least the booster will shut off before the main pump shuts off. I believe you will damage the booster if the booster is run without the main pump.